Pitfalls in the home purchase and
· Provide advice concerning contract drafting.
· Give advice on the legal implications of the contract and other
· Assist in negotiation for the purchase or sale where required.
· Obtain and examine title evidence to assure good title to the
· Order and review of a property survey.
· Request payoff statements for any encumbrances.
· Obtain or review a commitment for a title insurance policy.
· Coordinate the closing with other professionals in the
· Prepare a statement of closing costs including proration of taxes,
· Prepare and review loan documents.
· Prepare or review deeds transferring the property.
· Close the transaction and explain the documents involved in the
· Collect and disburse the funds required for closing.
· Obtain releases of the Deed(s) of Trust and other encumbrances
· Manage recording of the Deed, Deed of Trust and other documents.
· See to the issuance of title insurance.
· Follow up on post closing matters.
Let the attorneys at Closetrak, LLC assist you in your real estate
Title insurance is a single premium form of insurance that protects a homeowner, for so long as they may have any interest in their home, against matters that may not be discoverable by an examination of title to real property such as:
· False impersonation of the true owner of the property
· Forged deeds, releases or wills
· Undisclosed or missing heirs
· Instruments executed under invalid or expired power of attorney
· Mistakes in recording legal documents
· Misinterpretations of wills
· Deeds by persons of unsound mind
· Tax liens against an owner that may not yet be recorded
· Deeds by minors
· Deeds by persons supposedly single, but in fact married
· Liens for unpaid estate, inheritance, income or gift taxes
· Unposted taxes